I don't depress you, reality does.

Monday, March 21, 2005

Sentiments

Sentiments.

I guess 95% of Indians are sentimental. Don't ask me, how I arrived at that conclusion. It has to be right, given the circumstances Indians grow in. Family, extended family, cinema, mythology, history,.. every important aspect of Indian life is full of sentimentality. Then, why 95% and not 100%?
I believe some become de-sentimentalised. How? Through their education, experiences, exposure to world outside India... When some of us realise that sentiments can be excess baggage, we drop them.
What's better? Being sentimental or being non-sentimental and hence as logical and rational as possible. Hmm, it depends.
Being sentimntal doesn't help with outsiders, intelligent girls, work.
Being non-sentimental doesn't help with family, relatives and 95% of your fellow Indians.
Atleast I can't see one state being very clearly better than other. What am I? Non sentimental, with no obvious advantage of being so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home