I don't depress you, reality does.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Inspired

I knew about blogging for a while as evident from my previous posts. But I have decided to be regular , meaningful and sensible in my blogging habits from now on. (No, not another resolution) Reason for change in attitude. Got inspired from a friend.( And hence the title)
Let's move on to topics.
I took apart a webcam to make it see Infrared light after reading about such experiment on web.
The idea is to take out IR red filter out and then insert a filter which blocks all visible light. (basically a black photo negative will do). I removed screws , and then fiddled with some enclosures. But the lens and the filter are in a metallic enclosure and I have no idea, how to take the IR fliter out. So what next? Reassemble everything? No, not yet.
I had seen for the first time, what CMOS sensor looks like. I had searched for IC numbers and their info on net and foun a bit aout web cams. Basically, webcams are combination of lens, sensor,
raw picture processing chip, memory buffer, power supply unit, USB module. That can be imagined by any tech savy person, but then I derived pleasure from that little learning.
I will post images of diassembled web cam soon.
Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home